JOPON Writing Award
Selected by the Editorial Board of the Journal of Pediatric Oncology Nursing (JOPON), the recipient of this award is an APHON member who is first author of a manuscript accepted for publication in the journal in the last year and who has had three or more manuscripts published previously. This award has been supported by Sage Publications since 2003.
The recipient of this award receives a $100 honorarium, recognition at the annual conference business and awards luncheon, APHON Counts, in a press release, and an announcement is sent to the recipient's employer.
All eligible candidates that were published in JOPON in the last year are automatically considered for this award which is selected by the JOPON Editorial Board.
Verna Hendricks-Ferguson, PhD RN CHPPN FPCN FAAN
Associate Professor & Coordinator of the RN to BSN Program Option
Saint Louis University, School of Nursing
Dr. Hendricks-Ferguson receives her award from JOPON Editor-in-Chief Dr. Kristin Stegenga.
- 2015 Suzanne Ameringer, PhD RN
- 2014 Rebecca Rusch, MSN RN CPNP CPHON®
- 2012 Rita S. Secola, PhD RN CPON®
- 2011 Marilyn Hockenberry, PhD CPON®
- 2010 Cheryl Rodgers, PhD CPNP CPON®
- 2009 Lauri Linder, PhD APRN CPON®
- 2008 Sue K. Ogle, MSN RN CRNP
- 2007 Eufemia Jacob, PhD RN
- 2006 Belinda Mandrell, MSN RN CPNP
- 2005 Angela Ethier, MSN RN CNS CPN CT
- 2004 Christina Baggott, MN RNCS PNP CPON®
- 2003 Roberta Woodgate, PhD RN
- 2002 Pat Hollen, PhD RN
- 2000 Pamela Hinds, PhD RN CS
- 1999 Kathy Ruccione, MPH RN FAAN
- 1998 Marilyn Hockenberry-Eaton, PhD RN CPON®; Pamela Hinds, PhD RN CS
- 1997 Katherine J. Forte, MS RN CPNP CPON®
- 1996 Holly Ann Willians, MSN RN CS CPON®
- 1995 Linda Birenbaum, PhD RN
- 1994 Kathy Ruccione, MPH RN FAAN