Local Chapter Excellence Award
Recognizes a local APHON chapter that has excelled in promoting the mission, vision, and goals of the association.
Receiving Chapter receives a $250 honorarium and recognition at the annual conference business and awards luncheon, APHON Counts, JOPON, in a press release.
Candidates for this award must meet the following criteria:
- An APHON Chapter in good standing.
- Has not received the award previously within the last 3 years.
- Submitted all required paperwork to APHON headquarters.
- Chapter demonstrated outstanding contributions within the pediatric hematology/oncology profession.
- Create strategies to recruit and retain national and local chapter APHON members.
- Create an environment that encourages participation of all segments of the membership.
- Increase APHON's presence and contributions to the profession.
- To develop educational opportunities, programs, and/or products.
Nominations will open in February and completed nominations must be submitted by June 30.
New Jersey Chapter
Presented by Local Chapter Committee Chair Monica Hente (left) and accepted by Danielle Marcello
- 2015: Northeast Ohio Chapter
- 2014: Wisconsin Chapter
- 2013: Seattle (SEAPHON) Chapter
- 2012: Arkansas Chapter
- 2011: Charlotte Chapter
San Antonio Chapter
- 2010: Texas Gulf Coast Chapter
- 2009: Southern California Chapter
- 2008: Greater Philadelphia Area Chapter
- 2007: Louisville Chapter
- 2006: Wisconsin Chapter
- 2005: Minnesota Chapter