Cynthia Stutzer Palliative Care Memorial Scholarship
To Attend The Annual Assembly Presented by the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine (AAHPM) and the Hospice and Palliative Nurse Association (HPNA)
Cindy Stutzer, MS RN passed away in May 2018 after a long and committed career in pediatric hematology, oncology, and stem cell transplant nursing where she took exceptional care for both the patient and their families. She was also known for her commitment to educating and caring for nurses. She was a pioneer in integrating palliative care into pediatric hematology, oncology, and stem cell nursing. Cindy quietly and persistently said the words, walked the talk and prepared the next generation of nurses to raise the palliative care banner and move it forward.
This scholarship is co-sponsored with the Hospice and Palliative Nurse Foundation (HPNF) is awarded annually to an APHON member that provides direct patient care at the bedside or in a clinic setting and is interested in furthering their education in palliative care nursing.
Candidates for this scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- Be a pediatric hematology/oncology licensed registered nurse that provides direct patient care at the bedside or in a clinic setting.
- Have been practicing for a minimum of two years.
- Be an active member of APHON for a minimum of two years.
Recipients of this scholarship will receive:
- Complimentary registration for the AAHPM/HPNA Annual Assembly (held virtually in 2021).
- One-year membership to HPNA.
- A plaque presented at the Annual Assembly.
Recipients of the scholarship agree to submit a blog about the educational experience and how it affected their practice for use on the APHON website or in the APHON newsletter APHON Counts. Completed applications must be submitted by Monday, January 11, 2021.
Hilary Holmes, BSN RN
Children's Hospital of Illinois
Hilary (center) received her award from APHON leader Kathy Perko (left) and HPNF Board Chair Denise Stahl (right).