The APHON Self-Care Series
Time Out Tuesdays
Take time out each Tuesday for tips and tricks to taking care of yourself during tough times! Each week a new 5-15 minute video will be added that focuses on how to take care of yourself: mind, body & spirit.
Check the APHON Events Calendar for upcoming live events.
Self-Care & Resiliency Resources
We know the effect that stress has on our immune system and how that, in turn, affects our ability to be physically resilient. We must also tend to our emotional resiliency and commit to caring for our whole selves. Please take the time to care for yourself during this time.
Here are some easy ways to do so:
- Please consider engaging in the APHON self-care member community to dialogue with others about personal resilience during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are fortunate to have a digital platform that supports networking during social distancing limitations. APHON members can sign up to join any open community by clicking on the link for Specialty Discussion Groups under the My Account navigation on the APHON website.
- Engaging in mindfulness and meditative practices can redirect fear and anxiety to gratitude and peace. Digital resources include the HeartMath Institute and its Global Care Room, Well-being Index, Calm, and Provider Resilience.
- Headspace is a terrific app featuring guided meditations, animations, articles, and videos. They are offering all US healthcare professionals who work in public health settings free access to Headspace Plus through 2020. Read more about this app, this generous offer, and to sign up.
- Do not hesitate to reach out to your institution's Employee Assistance Program (EAP), which can offer another level of support. Many counselors and therapists have a virtual visit option, so review your health plan to see if these services are included.
- The Down Dog app is a offering free subscription to healthcare workers through July 1.
- Isha Foundation is grateful to all the healthcare providers who have been making remarkable sacrifices to keep us safe during this challenging time. In gratitude and appreciation, Sadhguru is offering for free, to all frontline healthcare providers, Inner Engineering Online - a powerful program to improve physical health, enhance mental stability, and promote well-being. This program consists of 7 modules, approximately 90-minute each. This offer is available until May 31, 2020.To lean more, access the Inner Engineering Program. If you have limited time, Isha Foundation also offers simple yet powerful 5-15 minute practices.
- Ten Percent Happier is an app that also offers mindful meditation and is currently free to healthcare professionals.
- Insight Timer is a diverse platform with 45,000 free guided meditations; bringing together meditation and mindfulness teachers, psychologists, and other mental health experts all over the world.