Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Instructor of the Year Award
Recognizes an APHON Pediatric Chemotherapy/Biotherapy Instructor who positively impacts the students they teach and the patients and families they serve by demonstrating leadership and excellence in the classroom.
The recipient of this award receives $250 in APHON Bucks, recognition at the annual conference business and awards luncheon, APHON Counts, in a press release, and an announcement is sent to the recipient's employer. APHON Bucks may be applied toward publication purchases, membership renewals, or meeting registrations.
Candidates for this award must meet the following criteria:
- An instructor in good standing.
- Receive minimum scores of 4.5 on evaluations (on average).
- Must teach a minimum of one (1) course per the calendar year.
- A nurse who positively impacts his/her students.
- A nurse whose leadership and service in the classroom have enhanced the reputation, growth, and development of the association.
Completed nominations must include the nominee's CV and two letters of recommendation that elaborate on the above criteria. Current members of the Chemotherapy/Biotherapy Provider Program Committee are not eligible for this award.
Completed nominations must be submitted by June 30.
- 2019 Paola Viveros Lamas, BSN RN CPHON® and Lorena Segovia Weber, BSN RN CPHON®
- 2018 Caroline Anderson, BSN RN CPON®
- 2017 Janie Avila, BSN RN CPON® and Rich Ramos, PNP CNS MS RN CPON®
- 2016 Pam Dockx, BSN RN CPON®
- 2015 Wendy R. Davis, RN CPON®
- 2014 Colleen M. Nixon, MSN CPON®