Dr. Casey Hooke Distinguished Service Award
Established in 1995, this award was created and named in honor of APHON's 15th president, Dr. Casey Hooke. Casey guided APHON through a turbulent time for the association. Each year since 1995, the Dr. Casey Hooke Distinguished Service Award has been presented to an APHON member who has demonstrated excellence in service to and leadership of APHON.
The recipient of this award receives a $1,000 honorarium and recognition at the annual conference business and awards luncheon, APHON Counts, in a press release, and an announcement is set to the recipient's immediate supervisor/employer.
Candidates for this award must meet the following:
- A registered professional nurse who has demonstrated exemplary service through leadership to APHON.
- A member in good standing of APHON.
- A nurse whose leadership and service has enhanced the reputation, growth, and development of the association.
- A nurse, who by example, has fostered or mentored the leadership potential of other APHON members.
- A nurse who has consistently provided significant service to APHON through volunteer activities at the local and/or national level.
Completed nominations must include the nominee's CV and two letters of recommendation that elaborate on the above criteria. Nominations must be received by April 30.
Deborah A. Lafond, DNP PPCNP-BC CHPPN CPON®
Co-Director, Children's National Health System
PANDA Palliative Care Team Hospitalist Medicine
Deborah Lafond (center) receives her award from Casey Hooke (left) and APHON President, Susie Burke (right).
- 2018 Genevieve V. Foley, MSN RN OCN®
- 2017 Jami S. Gattuso, MSN RN CPON®
- 2016 Beth A. Siever, MSN RN CPNP CPON®
- 2015 Cynthia Stutzer, MS RN
- 2013 Deborah Freiburg, MSN RN
- 2012 Joetta DeSwarte Wallace, MSN RN FNP-C
- 2011 Rebecca Ann Monroe, MSN RN CPNP
- 2010 Rita L. Secola, MSN RN CPON®
- 2009 Lona Roll, MSN RN
- 2008 Kathy Ruccione, MPH RN FAAN
- 2007 Karla D. Wilson, MSN RN FNP-C CPON®
- 2006 Jean H. Fergusson, EdD RN CRNP
- 2005 Wendy Landier, MSN RN CPNP CPON®
- 2004 Nancy E. Kline, PhD RN CPNP FAAN
- 2003 Angela Ethier, MSN RN CNS CPN
- 2002 Cindy Burleson, MSN RN CPON®
- 2001 Dianne Fochtman, MN RN CPNP
- 2000 Francis Wiley, MN RN
- 1999 Patricia Greene, PhD RN FAAN
- 1998 Marilyn Hockenberry-Eaton, PhD RN
- 1997 Pamela Hinds, PhD RN CS
- 1996 Cheryl Conatser, MS RN CPON®
- 1995 Casey Hooke, MSN RN CPON®