Local Chapter Excellence Award
Recognizes a local APHON chapter that has excelled in promoting the mission, vision, and goals of the association.
The receiving Chapter receives a $250 honorarium and recognition at the annual conference business and awards luncheon, APHON Counts, JOPON, in a press release.
Candidates for this award must meet the following criteria:
- An APHON Chapter in good standing.
- Has not received the award previously within the last 3 years.
- Submitted all required paperwork to APHON headquarters.
- The chapter demonstrated outstanding contributions within the pediatric hematology/oncology profession.
- Create strategies to recruit and retain national and local chapter APHON members.
- Create an environment that encourages the participation of all segments of the membership.
- Increase APHON's presence and contributions to the profession.
- To develop educational opportunities, programs, and/or products.
Completed nominations must be submitted by May 29.
- 2019: San Francisco/Bay Area Chapter
- 2018: Long Island Chapter
- 2017: National Capital Chapter
- 2016: New Jersey Chapter
- 2015: Northeast Ohio Chapter
- 2014: Wisconsin Chapter
- 2013: Seattle (SEAPHON) Chapter
- 2012: Arkansas Chapter
- 2011: Charlotte Chapter
San Antonio Chapter
- 2010: Texas Gulf Coast Chapter
- 2009: Southern California Chapter
- 2008: Greater Philadelphia Area Chapter
- 2007: Louisville Chapter
- 2006: Wisconsin Chapter
- 2005: Minnesota Chapter